Step 1: Is Coordinating a Seminar Right for You?
In order to be a successful coordinator, you should
- Enjoy working with people.
- Be willing to speak in front of a group.
- Be organized.
- Be able to remain calm when things don't go as expected.
- Have a basic understanding of electronic devices.
- Have a cell phone you can bring to the seminar.
- Have readily available email access to have instructions sent to you before the seminar date.
Continue to Step 2: Coordinator Overview
Step Two: Coordinator Overview
By coordinating a HalfMoon Education Inc. seminar, you will receive a reduction in your seminar tuition, and you will be able to earn your continuing education credit. Serving as the coordinator requires you to arrive an hour before the seminar start time. The person who serves as coordinator must stay for up to one hour after the seminar. Coordinating a seminar is not difficult; however, it involves some public speaking, and it is very important for the success of each seminar. Once you make the commitment, HalfMoon Education Inc., the events instructors, and your fellow attendees will be counting on you.
Tuition (non-refundable) must be paid in full, by credit card, prior to being selected as the seminar coordinator. Coordinator positions are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Continue to Step 3: View Coordinator Duties & Responsibilities
Step Three: Seminar Coordinator Duties & Responsibilities
- You must review the Policy/Procedure Manual that will be emailed to you three days before the seminar.
- You must call HalfMoon Education Inc. one day before the seminar to confirm you have read the materials and to ask any questions you have.
- You must arrive 1 hour before the start of the seminar to make sure the meeting room is adequately set up by the hotel staff.
- Upon arrival at the seminar site, you will unpack the boxes that contain the seminar materials and equipment.
- You will be required to set up the audio and recording equipment per the instructions included in the materials.
- On the registration table, where you will be sitting, you must display the attendance sheets and lay out your registration list.
- When attendees arrive at the seminar, you will check them in on your registration list, instruct them to sign in on the attendance sheets and give them their written materials.
- When the program is due to start, you will make necessary announcements, and introduce the first speaker (and each subsequent speaker in their turn).
- You must be available all day to assist attendees and instructors, as needed.
- At the end of the program, you will instruct everyone to sign out on the attendance sheets, hand out course completion certificates, and collect evaluation forms.
- Finally, you will need to pack up the seminar materials and equipment, which will be picked up at the seminar site the following day.
- Perform all duties described above and in the Policy/Procedure Manual to the best of your ability.
- Stay in contact with HalfMoon Education Inc. throughout the day (bring cell phone to seminar) and call with any questions or problems.
- Dress in a professional manner.
- Conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner.
- Do not display any materials promoting or advertising any business, organization, religion, political belief, or cause.
- Do not bring anyone with you to assist or to sit with you, including children, spouse, or friends.
Continue to Step 4: View Attendee/Coordinator Agreement Form
Step Four: Agreement
Agreement: I have read, understand, and will comply with the list of Seminar Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities on this web site, and will agree to read the Policy/Procedure Manual that is to be emailed to me. I understand that my fellow attendees, the seminar faculty, and HalfMoon Education Inc. will be depending on me to do my best to facilitate a successful event for all participants.
I understand my coordinator approval is dependent on me registering as an attendee and paying my discounted tuition, and I understand my tuition payment is non-refundable (Step Four).
I will notify HalfMoon Education Inc. 48 hours before the seminar date if I will not be able to fulfill my duties as the seminar coordinator.
I understand my paid, discounted tuition is non-refundable.
You will receive an automated confirmation email shortly.
Continue to Last Step: Register & Pay For This Seminar