Live Seminars FAQs
- When should I arrive at the seminar?
We recommend you try to arrive 30 minutes before the start of the program. This will allow you time to sign in, review information on your continuing education credits, and choose a seat.
- Can I pay my tuition at the seminar?
No, for your security, we do not want your bank account or credit card number visible or accessible to anyone not employed by HalfMoon Education Inc. Also, we don't want to risk having cash at the program. If you attend without registering ahead of time, you can call HalfMoon Education Inc. at some point in the day and give us your credit card information.
- How do I get directions to the seminar?
Your best bet is to call the hotel that is hosting the event, as the staff there will likely be aware of any local detours or traffic difficulties. The HalfMoon Education promotional brochures have the venues' telephone numbers.
- How should I dress at the seminar?
We do not have a dress code, but most attendees choose to wear casual business attire. We suggest you dress in layers to avoid being too warm or too cold at the program.
- Will lunch be served at the seminar?
No. You are on your own for lunch. Providing lunch would significantly raise the price of tuition, and it would be difficult to satisfy everyone's tastes and dietary needs.
- What do I need to bring to the seminar?
Bring your professional license number in case you are required to provide that information to obtain continuing education credit. Bring a sweater or jacket in case the temperature of the meeting room is not at your comfort level. Also bring a writing instrument and notepad, in case you want to take notes.
- Are any food or beverages provided at the seminar?
Coffee and tea are provided in the morning at our seminars. Food and beverages are a significant expense at conference centers. In order to keep our tuition fees among the lowest of the national CE providers, we do not provide food at our seminars.
- Are your seminar facilities handicap-accessible?
- I have special physical needs. Can you accommodate me?
Yes, in most cases. Please call HalfMoon Education to discuss your needs.
- Can I have my cell phone on at the seminar?
It is very tempting to stay in touch with the office or family while at a program all day, but ringing cell phones can be very disruptive. We kindly ask you to turn your phone off or program it to ring soundlessly. Please leave the seminar room before answering or making calls.
- What happens if bad weather strikes on the day of my seminar?
We monitor these situations very closely. We do not want to risk the safety of anyone trying to attend a seminar. In cases of extreme weather, we generally reschedule the event. If you cannot attend on the rescheduled date, your tuition will be refunded.
- I need an overnight room to attend your seminar. Do you reserve rooms?
No. You will have to arrange your own overnight accommodations.
- Does my paid tuition include written materials at the program?
Yes. All attendees receive bound written materials prepared by the seminar faculty.
- Do you validate or pay for parking at your seminars?
No. Parking arrangements and fees are your responsibility. If you are concerned about parking fees or availability, please contact the facility that is hosting the event.
Back to Top
- What is your refund policy if I cancel my registration?
If you cancel more than 48 hours before the start of the program, we will refund your tuition less $39. Or you may choose to receive a pass to another HalfMoon Education program for the full amount you have paid. Also, you may send another person in your place with no financial penalty.
- What is your refund policy if I cancel less than 48 hours before a program?
You may receive a pass to another HalfMoon Education program minus the $39 cancellation fee, you can send another person in your place or you can receive a recording of the program along with the seminar's written materials for an additional $10.
- Why do I get assessed a fee for canceling my registration prior to 48 hours before the program?
Whether you pay by credit card or check, HalfMoon Education incurs expenses refunding your tuition.
- What if I'm dissatisfied with the program I attended?
Send a letter to us detailing why you are dissatisfied or call us to explain the problem. One of our representatives will be happy to speak with you to gather information on what went wrong and to reach an equitable resolution.
Back to Top
Continuing Education Questions
- Must I attend the entire seminar to get credit?
That depends on the rules of your licensing entity. You may call HalfMoon Education to obtain that information.
- Can I listen to the recording of a program and receive continuing education credit?
That depends on the rules of your licensing entity. This learning method is NOT approved by NASBA, the CFP Board, or the IRS. Please continue to the Self Study FAQs below for more information.
- Will I receive a certificate when I complete the seminar?
We will have an attendance sheet at the program on which you will sign in and out. If you accurately and completely record your times on the attendance sheet, a certificate of attendance will be mailed to you within fifteen business days.
- Who do I contact for my continuing education credit question?
You may call Doug Chapman at HalfMoon Education or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I lost my certificate of attendance from one of your seminars. Can I get a replacement?
Yes. We permanently maintain attendance records and will be happy to furnish you with another certificate at no cost.
- I attended one of your programs but my continuing education hours have not been credited to my license. Who do I contact?
We will do everything in our power to get you the credits you earned. Call Doug Chapman at our office or email him at email@example.com.
- Can I earn required continuing education credits if someone attends a seminar in my place?
No. You must be present and comply with the attendance requirements mandated by your license.
- I am interested in one of your programs but am licensed in other states. Can you apply for credits where I'm licensed?
It depends on the fees charged and policies of each state in order to get a program approved. In most cases, we will work with you by applying for accreditation in other states or by preparing the application forms you need to apply. Call Doug Chapman at HalfMoon Education or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Top
- What is a webinar?
HalfMoon Education Inc., offers an alternative to live seminars called webinars, which are online-based, live presentations. These webinars are offered in the format of what we call a “webinar series”. A webinar series is a sequence of 3-4 webinars of related subject matter, most which range in length from 1-2 hours. Although each series offers multiple webinars, attendees can choose to attend one, all or as many webinars as they choose.
- How is a webinar conducted?
Webinars are conducted on a platform called Go-to-Webinar, which is a Citrix-based interface. This platform offers attendees an easy-to-use webinar format with many functions. Specifically, Go-to-Webinar offers attendees the ability to log-in via one simple link sent directly to their email, listen to audio through the software, ask questions to the speaker in a question area, chat with the HalfMoon moderator and take a quiz directly through the software.
- What should I do to prepare for the webinar?
Once registered for a webinar, the attendee will receive an email a few days prior to the webinar date. It is important that registration be at least 24 hours in advance of the program, since a HalfMoon Education staff member must email the instructions to each attendee. Once the email is received, the attendee can click the link will be directed to the webinar page. If the attendee does not have the Citrix/Go-to-Webinar interface already loaded on their computer, they will be prompted to do so at that point. If the software is downloaded, the attendee will be on standby in their internet browser until the program begins. No refreshing or further navigation is necessary.
- Is there a quiz associated with the webinar? How do I receive continuing education credit for the webinar?
After the webinar is concluded, the attendee will be automatically redirected to a quiz on the Go-to-Webinar software. Each webinar hour includes around 3-5 quiz questions in order to comply with most continuing education requirements. Also, each attendee should complete the CE request form, which is an evaluation and a CE form combined. This form allows the attendee to communicate with HalfMoon concerning which credit they need, the respective association or board that HalfMoon may have to report to, and their member number if HalfMoon reporting is necessary.
- What are the steps I need to take to successfully attend a HalfMoon webinar?
- Register for webinar(s) you wish to attend.
- Look for email from HalfMoon moderator within 2-3 days of webinar.
- Once received, click webinar link and follow instructions for Go-to-Webinar software download if software is not already on your computer.
- About 15 minutes prior to the start of the webinar, re-open the email from your HalfMoon moderator and click the webinar link again, which will send you to a waiting room until the
- Stay in the webinar session throughout the duration of the webinar, and don’t leave the session after the conclusion of the webinar. The HalfMoon moderator will terminate the session, sending all attendees to the mandatory continuing education quiz.
- Complete the quiz and email, fax or send the CE Request Form to HalfMoon at email@example.com.
- Certificates of Completion will be emailed to attendees within five business days of quiz and CE Request Form completion. If for some reason you need your certificate before five days, please contact Aurora at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Webinar System Requirements
Windows 7 or later
Windows Server 2008 and 2008 RT or later
Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or later
Google Chrome v39 or later
Mozilla Firefox v34 or later
Internet Explorer v9 or later
Apple Safari v6 or later
Internet connection 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended) Software
GoToWebinar desktop app
2GB or more of RAM
Microphone and speakers (USB headset recommended**) if unmuted by the organizer
Use the following link to test your computer for GoToWebinar compatibility:
Back to Top
General Information Questions
- What hours is your office open?
We are open from 7:30AM to 5:00PM Central Standard Time.
- Why should I choose a HalfMoon Education program instead of some other company's offering?
We understand many companies offer you continuing education programs. We appreciate your business and the trust you put in us to provide you with quality continuing education seminars. We will do whatever possible to make you happy if you attend one of our seminars.
- How can I get on or off your mail list?
The easiest way to accomplish either of these tasks is to visit our Get On/Off the HalfMoon Education Mail List. If you are requesting to be on our mail list, be sure to let us know your occupation, so we only send you information on programs of potential interest to you. You can also get on or off our mail lists by calling us, emailing us at email@example.com, or faxing us.
- How can I get off your mail list?
If you are on our internal database, you can call, fax or email your request to be removed from our mail list. A "D" above your first name on the brochure you received indicates you are on our internal database. We do purchase some lists from licensing boards, associations etc. In that case, we can tell you where we obtained your name and address, and you will have to contact that source about making your name available.
- My company needs to have a W-9 Form completed. How can I get one from you?
Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will email or fax a completed and signed form back to you.
- I am a student who would like to attend one of your seminars. Can I get a break on the tuition?
Yes, in most cases. Please call to speak with one of our customer service representatives or email a request to email@example.com.
- What is your "hardship" tuition policy?
If you need or want continuing education but cannot afford the tuition fee to attend one of our programs, please call us to explain your situation, and we will work with you to get you the education you need and the information you want.
- Are you interested in a continuing education program idea I have?
Certainly. Please use the Suggest a Seminar link on our site.
- I am interested in teaching a continuing education program. Are you interested?
Yes. Please use the Become a Speaker link on our site.
- I found a program I want to attend, but I don't want to register online. What shall I do?
You can call HalfMoon Education at 715-835-5900 to register, or you can download the program brochure from the seminar page, print it, and fill it in. You can then mail or fax it to HalfMoon Education.
Back to Top
Onsite Coordinator Information
- Coordinator Overview
By coordinating a HalfMoon Education Inc. seminar, you will receive a reduction in your seminar tuition, and you will be able to earn your continuing education credit. Serving as the coordinator requires you to arrive an hour and a half before the seminar start time. The person who serves as coordinator must stay for up to one hour after the seminar. Coordinating a seminar is not difficult; however, it involves some public speaking, and it is very important for the success of each seminar. Once you make the commitment, HalfMoon Education Inc., the events instructors, and your fellow attendees will be counting on you.
Tuition (non-refundable) must be paid in full, by credit card, prior to being selected as the seminar coordinator. Coordinator positions are filled on a first come, first serve basis. You must go to the seminar and click on “Coordinator Registration Available.” If it is not available you will see “Coordinator Registration Not Available.”
- Is Coordinating a Seminar Right for You?
In order to be a successful coordinator, you should
- Enjoy working with people.
- Be willing to speak in front of a group.
- Be organized.
- Be able to remain calm when things don't go as expected.
- Have a basic understanding of electronic devices.
- Have a cell phone you can bring to the seminar.
- Have readily available email access to have instructions sent to you before the seminar date.
- What are the Coordinator Responsibilities?
- You must review the Policy/Procedure Manual that will be emailed to you two weeks before the seminar.
- You must call HalfMoon Education Inc. the day before the seminar to confirm you have read the materials and to ask any questions you have.
- You must arrive one hour before the start of the seminar to make sure the meeting room is adequately set up by the hotel staff.
- Upon arrival at the seminar site, you will unpack the boxes that contain the seminar materials and equipment.
- You will be required to set up the audio and recording equipment per the instructions included in the materials.
- On the registration table, where you will be sitting, you must display the attendance sheets and lay out your registration list.
- When attendees arrive at the seminar, you will check them in on your registration list, instruct them to sign in on the attendance sheets and give them their written materials.
- When the program is due to start, you will make necessary announcements, and introduce the first speaker (and each subsequent speaker in their turn).
- You must be available all day to assist attendees and instructors, as needed.
- At the end of the program, you will instruct everyone to sign out on the attendance sheets, hand out course completion certificates, and collect evaluation forms.
Finally, you will need to pack up the seminar materials and equipment, which will be picked up at the seminar site the following day.
Back to Top
- Is this product acceptable for my continuing education requirement?
The acceptance of self-administered continuing education activities vary widely between states and professions. Before undertaking any self-study effort, you should review the rules of your state licensing/certifying entity. This learning method is NOT approved by NASBA, the CFP Board, or the IRS.
The online information on our web site about this product provides information about continuing education credit, in most cases. Many continuing education rules do not directly address the acceptance of self-study, and the definition of "self-study" is often open to interpretation.
While the continuing education credit information we provide is well-researched, we encourage you to review the rules of your license or to contact your licensing entity to confirm the effort you put in listening to a Foxmoor Education audio-recording will qualify for mandated continuing education credit. Products are not approved by NASBA, the CFP Board, or the IRS.
- How does HalfMoon Education confirm I listen to the product I purchased?
The self-study products HalfMoon Education sells are recordings of live programs. In the recordings, we embed number codes. On a sheet included with the product, you will be required to write all the code numbers and return the sheet to HalfMoon Education. We do not let you know how many code numbers there are or where they appear.
If you get a number wrong, or miss a number, the sheet will be returned to you. You will not be informed what number(s) is/are wrong or are missing. You'll have to listen again.
This verification exercise requires you to listen to the recording in its entirety.
- Will I get a certificate of completion for my continuing education records?
- Yes. The verification exercise described above gives HalfMoon Education confidence you listened to the recording you purchased.
- Is the product I'm considering a studio-quality recording?
No, it is a recording of a live seminar. We edit the digital recordings we get from our programs, but not all background sounds can be removed. Volume variations can exist depending on the instructor's proximity to the recording equipment.
Product orders are not filled and pre-payments are fully refunded if the audio quality is not acceptable. HalfMoon Education guarantees its products. If you are not happy with a product you receive, you can return the product for a full refund. However, refunds will not be issued if completion certificates are requested.
Back to Top